Profile & Vision
Master Instruments Pty Ltd is a 100% Australian owned and operated manufacturing, importing and distribution company with more than 100 dedicated team members from 23 different multicultural backgrounds.
The company was established in 1942, primarily to manufacture electrical measuring instruments for the three Australian Defence Services.
Commencing in a small way, the company soon established itself as a leader in its field by the desire to excel in the design and manufacture of electrical instrumentation. The company diversified in the early 1980's into battery pack manufacturing & assembly. Today the company manufactures, imports and distributes Australia's largest range of industrial & consumer primary and secondary batteries & battery packs, associated equipment such as battery chargers ranging from consumer, solar & industrial types to highly specialised analysers, various other power products plus a vast range of connector assemblies, DC power accessory leads and battery assembly parts.
Our customer base is widespread covering the majority of Australia & New Zealand whilst fast becoming a recognised participant in the international trade of the products we offer. Clients from Oceania to Asia, Europe and the US represent a growing international market for the company. Our solid customer base sits within the many parts of the OEM industry market and government but in recent years we have also become a leading supplier to the wholesale/retail sector through customers from national chain stores and buying groups to the most remote country reseller. The instrumentation division continues to be a quality supplier to the Defence and Intelligence Services, Telstra and other government instrumentalities and private enterprise.
Our Sydney head office and distribution centre was re-located from Marrickville to Milperra in March 2017 into a larger 5,500 square metre facilty of fully equipped manufacturing ESD assembly lines, twin warehouses, tool room, machine shop, laboratory / R&D rooms, & administration offices. Our Melbourne branch is located in Croydon South(suburban Melbourne) to accommodate production & warehousing requirements. In 2004, the company doubled the floor space of the Melbourne operations and acquired a second material production & bulk storage warehouse in Sydney. In late 2007 the company opened a new Sales Office in south east Queensland. In December 2012, the company acquired Siomar Battery Engineering to extend its nationwide distribution coverage. This acquisition greatly strengthened the companies ability to serve the growing OEM, Mining, Infrastructure Communications and engineering support sectors of the Australian Economy. The company has long standing representative relationships with distributive offices in New Zealand and all other Australian states and regional areas.
Along with our extensive range of soft energy & DC power products we specialise in a huge range of portable test and measuring equipment. Process control instrumentation & electronic equipment assembly are also part of our product range. Master Instruments represents most of the world's leading battery manufacturers and sets the benchmark for product & application knowledge in the south pacific region. Although well established and widely recognised, as we commence our 80th year in business, the same drive for excellence to produce goods of quality at an affordable price is still maintained.
Master Instruments Pty Ltd is now into the 3rd generation of same family ownership and is proud to stand behind its reputation of quality, reliability of products, performance and service to Australian industry.
The company vision is as follows:
- To be ethical in business and maintain the highest standards of integrity in our corporate dealings.
- To set the benchmark in the South pacific region for product and application knowledge for the world’s highest quality producers of energy systems.
- To be a recognised & preferred brand supplier into the field of energy sources and to be regarded as the first choice provider of portable power solutions for customers’ needs in the Pacific and Oceania region. Focus also on export business where we have the ability to meet the challenges for batteries & other DC power in the ever growing digital device age.
- To lead the market in technological innovation, while creating a new standard of implementation with quick progress in projects to market and to make the advanced technologies accessible to the end user in order to improve our safety, health & comfort of life.
- Possess and maintain the same drive for excellence to produce goods of quality at an affordable price whilst being proud of the previous achievements of providing and standing behind the reputation of quality, service and reliability of product, performance & service to the Australian industry and beyond.
- To expand our customer base by offering a wider range of battery products to meet the changing technologies of DC powered products. Keep up to date with technology and provide the necessary customer & application knowledge link between manufacturer and end customers.
- To never compromise quality over profit. In our products or in our advice.